It’s quite amazing how even a mere drizzle of truffle oil over your dish can have a huge impact on flavor. It doesn’t really matter if you’re using it over salty or even sweet food – desserts taste fantastic too!
In most of the following suggestions, either white truffle oil or black truffle oil can be used interchangeably, depending on personal taste preference. ISTRA Truffle offers extra quality oils based on black and white truffles. Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Black Truffle Slices or Extra Virgin Olive Oil with White Truffle Slices. Choice is yours and don’t forget, they both have unique taste and fragrance. Let’s see how we can use them!
It is important to note that truffle oils are almost exclusively used as a finishing oil. That means that truffle oil is usually drizzled over a dish at the end of the preparation. High temperature could compromise the truffle taste, therefore, truffle oil should be added to sauces or cooked dishes at the end of the cooking process just before serving. Few drops is enough to enrich your favorite meal or dessert and make it special. There are endless combinations where you can use truffle oil so don’t limit your imagination solely based on our suggestions. Treat yourself and feel free to discover other delicious truffle matches.
- Drizzle truffle oil over risotto, potatoes, pasta or polenta; for example black truffle oil and mushroom risotto match perfectly. For combinations with seafood use white truffle oil instead. How about French fries drizzled with white truffle oil? It tastes amazing! Optionally add garlic salt for even stronger flavor.
- Pizza with truffle oil; add few drops of oil over pizza, black truffle oil can be better choice with other type of mushrooms, like champignons while pizza with tuna can be accompany with white truffle oil. Vegetarian pizza matches better with white truffle oil.
- Soup with truffle oil; add the oil to the soup just before serving. For example white truffle oil in cauliflower soup taste great. Potato soup with bacon, on the other hand is another great option where black truffle oil can show its full potential.
- Drizzle truffle oil over any kind of salad; black or white truffle oil, depending on your preference. Truffle oil goes well with many types of vegetables and fruits. If you have chicken breast in your salad for example, or any other white meat, drizzle some white truffle oil on the top.
- Enhance the flavor of whole (fresh) truffles with a truffle oil; it is usually practice when cooking with black truffles to add some truffle oil over it. Drizzling white or black truffle oil directly on the truffle slices (fresh or preserved one). Preferred way to use whole black truffle products is always combination with truffle oil or even black tartufata.
- Truffle oil over eggs; either scrambled eggs or omelet, both are perfect match with truffle oil. For example scrambled eggs with black truffle oil & avocado could be fantastic meal to start your day with. Add black truffle oil and chopped avocado near the end of preparation. Optionally add a few slices of cheese.
- Truffle oil with beef fillet; fillet steak finished with a drizzle of truffle oil. After meal is done, finally, drizzle over the beef a few drops of black truffle oil. Did you know that truffle oil is best burger’s friend too? Just add few drops of truffle oil and your burger will acquire a new dimension of tastiness.
- Truffle oil and popcorn; either white or black truffle oil can be used here. After popcorn is done drizzle some truffle oil over it. If you still haven’t tried it yet, do it now, you will be amazed.
- Finish a chicken meat, fish filet, duck breast or lamb with truffle oil; in general many type of red meat pair well with black truffle oil. White fleshed fish, shellfish or scallops taste fantastic in combination with the white truffle oil.
- Desserts with Truffle Oil; truffle oils are perfect dessert companion. In Croatia, particularly Istria, one of the most famous ice-cream dessert is made from truffles, egg yolks and whipped cream. So simple, yet so delicious! We call it “Motovun u magli” or translated “Motovun in the mist”. Cooked sugar mix with an egg yolks and truffle oil. Add whipped cream and leave in the freezer. Enjoy your delicious ice-cream!